Clifford Bridge House and Cottage
• a large five bedroom victorian farmhouse •
• two bedroom detached stone cottage • range of store sheds •
• approximately 1.5 acres of garden and woodland • stream •
• parking for 4-6 cars in all • porch • hall • rear lobby •
• cloakroom/bathroom • kitchen with aga • large dining room •
• very big living room • half landing with w.c. and shower room •
• main landing • four big double bedrooms • single bedroom no 5 •
• oil fired central heating • large level lawn • wooded area •
• goat shed • greenhouse •
• detached stone cottage with propane gas central heating •
• large living room • kitchen with larder •
• big master bedroom with ensuite w.c. • bathroom • twin bedroom •
• cottage garden • parking at top of cottage garden •
Clifford Bridge House is a Victorian former Lord Hambleden farmhouse which sits at the end of a moorland valley which is now wooded. This substantial stone built home offers terrific spacious and bright accommodation with generous room sizes, tall ceilings and big windows allowing in plenty of natural light. The house has a hall, cloaks/bathroom, kitchen/breakfast room with Aga, a spacious dining room, a big living room on the ground floor and five bedrooms comprising four big doubles and a single bedroom, a shower room and a w.c. on the first floor. It is all well presented and in good condition.
Adjacent is the two bedroom detached stone built Clifford Bridge Cottage with excellent letting potential or accommodation for friends and relatives. There is also a range of stone built single storey sheds and there is space for 4-6 cars. In all, the land stretches to about 1.5 acres and this is a mixture of level garden, patio and deck with a stream and a wooded embankment on the valley side.
This lovely home and cottage must be viewed to be properly appreciated.
Clifford Bridge is a small settlement in the Teign Valley close to the granite bridge at Clifford Bridge and the river Teign. Clifford Bridge House and Clifford Bridge Cottage are at the bottom of a wooded valley with a south west facing garden which is at the original front of the farmhouse and which would have been built facing its land. The cottage is at the rear of Clifford Bridge House adjacent to the quiet lane. Clifford Bridge is approximately 4 miles from Moretonhampstead and a similar distance from Cheriton Bishop and about 5 miles from the A30 dual carriageway. The nearest primary school would be in Moretonhampstead and senior schooling would be at South Dartmoor Community College in Ashburton.
- Price: £ 695,000 Guide Price
- Address: Clifford Bridge House and Cottage
- Town: Drewsteignton
- County: Devon
- Postcode: EX6 6QE
- Country: United Kingdom
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 2